Few kilometers from Padua in the Euganean hills, a family wine estate totally devoted to organic vineyards, transform grapes into wine for more than one hundred years. This is Azienda Agricola “Reassi” extended over an area of about 6 hectares, where the favorable position of the land, together with volcanic soils, guarantees the grow of vines with optimal results.
The ancient volcanic cone of the Euganenan hills has a rich and diverse geological composition. Sedimentary limestone of marine origin lies below the unique Euganean marls, which cover the volcanic subsoils formed during the last period of volcanic activity, rich in basalt, tracheae, rhyolite and lalite.
In this ideal environment there is a continual search of the ultimate expression of the terroir using techniques reinforced by modern technology while maintaining respect for ancient traditions.
The company philosophy reflects the characteristics of the land, concentrating predominately on autochthonous vines.
Reassi’s wine production:
- Antichi Reassi – Colli Euganei Pinello. Bubbles mean fun. This festive wine is perfect as an aperitif or for a dinner with friends. Easy to drink, it is ideal for welcoming guests and it can accompany snacks between meals or a casual lunch.
- Sparviere – Colli Euganei Cabernet. A versatile wine that flatters a wide range of foods. The ideal pairing for bigoli (a typical Veneto pasta) with duck ragu, braised game with polenta and grilled steak.
- Tre frazioni – Colli Euganei Rosso. The most serious wine; the grapes come from a vineyard that borders the three villages of our municipality. Perfect with game and roasted or grilled beef.
- Terre d’argilla – Colli Euganei Manzoni Bianco. Its fresh and fruity aromas make this wine seem “happy-go-lucky” but with its structure and complexity it has a more serious side as well. Smart and fun! Excellent with risotto or homemade egg pasta, oven-baked fish and soft cheeses.
- Vin Bastardo – Marzemina Nera Bastarda, Turchetta, Corbina. Perfect for casual get-togethers with friends and with snacks typical of the Veneto region: fried polenta with salami, cotechino, Prosciutto or homemade sopressa.
- Arche’ – Colli euganei Merlot. Many people consider Merlot an international grape, but to us it is a traditional variety. Archè prefers starters with delicate sauces, lamb and mushroom or vegetable dishes.
- OP! – Opera Prima Spumante Metodo Classico. For those who love the Classical Method. Opera Prima is an ideal alternative to Franciacorta or Champagne. Perfect for celebrating special occasions or for making any occasion special. Ideal with risotto, white meats or tartare.
- Fior d’Arancio – Colli Euganei Spumante Dolce Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita. Life always needs a little sweetness! This is a sparkling wine to be enjoyed at the end of a meal with pastries, cakes, fruit plates or as an enchanting addition to aperitif cocktails.