With a network of 60 official Ambassadors in France and in 17 other countries around the world, the BIVB was keen to expand its team. And to do this, 10 training experts – including several Masters of Wine – were selected from around 100 applications around the world. Six came from the USA, one from Canada, and for the first time, successful applicants also came from India, Australia, and Switzerland, counting one apiece.
They traveled across Bourgogne from north to south, widening out their experience and discovering all the richness of the region through theory lessons, landscape readings, estate visits, meetings with professionals, and themed tastings. This intensive training week was capped off with a demanding final exam requiring a high level of understanding.
All 10 applicants passed the test, thus obtaining the coveted title of Official Bourgogne Wines Ambassador. These passionate specialists are now entitled to promote Bourgogne wines in a variety of ways, such as by hosting masterclasses in their territory with market influencers or wine-loving consumers.
Here is a list of our newly-qualified Bourgogne Wine Ambassadors:
• Mark Shipway (Canada)
• Marianne Franz (USA)
• Christian Oggenfuss (USA)
• Robert Bath (USA)
• Tanya Morning Star Darling (USA)
• Liz Palmer (USA)
• Andrea Pritzker (Australia)
• Sonal Holland (India)
• Timothy Magnus (Switzerland)
• James Barlow (USA)
In October, it will be the turn of France to strengthen its network. A recruitment campaign is underway with the aim of attracting 10 candidates to the Bourgogne region next fall. The following are prerequisites: Being a trainer in the wine sector with a good level of knowledge of Bourgogne wines; having a network of market influencers; and being active on social media.
All summer, Joseph Drouhin is hosting events around Bourgogne wines. You are just a few clicks away from participating!
With something for everyone and every budget (between 45 and 250 euros per person), this is the perfect opportunity to treat yourself and others.
The Maison Joseph Drouhin is not short on ideas when it comes to organizing tastings, offering passionate wine lovers and passing tourists a wide variety of themes:
• Discovery tasting of the Climats of Bourgogne (27 June and 4 July, 2:00pm to 3:30pm)
• Visit and tasting: The war, wine, and the Maison Joseph Drouhin (7 September, 3 October, 2:00pm to 5:00pm)
• Tasting – The Côte de Nuits: Paradise for Pinot Noir (11 July, 10:00am to 11:30am)
• Aperitif tasting at the Clos des Mouches in Beaune (20 July, 4:00pm to 6:30pm)
• Chardonnay in all its glory (30 July, 2:00pm to 3:30pm)
• Pinot Noir Day (17 August, 2:00pm to 3:30pm)
• “Terroirs Chocolatés” wine and chocolate tasting (24 August, 2:00pm to 3:30pm)
• Tasting of eight Grand Cru wines (27 August, 10:00am to 11:30am)
• Dîner des Ducs with tasting and visit to the cellars of the Maison Joseph Drouhin (17 November, 6:00pm)
Please note, many of these events need to be reserved in advance.
Click here to find out more about these events on the Maison Joseph Drouhin website or contact the estate directly at email@example.com.